We will update shortly with Cosplay Competition information, including regulations and policies.
Costume Props Policy
No functional props or weapons are allowed at Malone Comic Con. Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by convention staff and compliance with the following:
- All costume props and weapons must be inspected at the Costume Props Desk or at the Dealer Room Doors.
- All costume props and weapons must conform to state and federal law.
- Projectile costume props and weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and be bundled and zip-tied to a quiver.
- Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn.
- Costumes featuring stilts must be approved at the Costume Props Desk.
- At certain times, due to crowds and safety issues, people in oversized costumes may be asked to leave the Dealer Room.
- After your costume props have been checked, they will be tagged by security, and you will be given a wristband to wear to designate that your props have been checked.
- Security will escort you to the Costume Props Desk for inspection if your costume prop is not tagged.
If you do not want to have your costume props inspected or tagged, or if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume props to comic con. All costume props and weapons must be inspected at the Costume Props Desk.